Monday, December 3, 2007

Chapter 14

(Two weeks ago, translated from the Spanish)

"Don't worry, mother. I'll be fine. Fine, fine, fine. Well, my right wrist was sprained and my left hand, the tissue there was damaged; it was swollen. And my nose was broken. And my head was cut. But that stopped bleeding."

"No, I don't know who he was. Some nut! He was bothering me. Security put him out. I guess he came back when I was leaving - punched me by surprise. I didn't see him until he was there. The punch wasn't bad; it was falling down the stairs, that was bad."

"I think he was caught. That's what one of the security guys said. But then he escaped. I don't know what happened. Yeah, the cops were called but they never showed up. But there's going to be an investigation into how the club handled this mess. They all locked their doors and disappeared. I was left outside in the cold holding my head and my nose - both bleeding. That's not how this kind of situation is handled."

"No, I'm not going to work tomorrow; it's my day off. I'm on my way to I___'s house now. A friend is taking me there. I___ will cook for me. I'll get to spend a day out there away from everything. Although with I___'s new baby, I guess it won't be all that quiet . . . "

(Tonight, translated from the Spanish)

"Tomorrow is the surgery. Yes, that soon. I have to hurry up and wash some clothes because I don't have any to wear. So I can't talk long. "

"No, I'm not staying overnight. I got someone to pick me up and take me home. Then another friend is coming to stay the night. The doctor said someone should watch me overnight."

"Well, what can I do? I have to go on. This is nothing compared to operations that other people get. I'll try to call tomorrow if the anesthesia doesn't have me too sleepy. Good night, Mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment